作者：by Beverley Henderson and Jennifer L. Dorsey
出版社：John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
ISBN：978-1-119-62547-6 ; 1-119-62547-5 ; 978-1-119-62548-3 ; 1-119-62548-3 ; 978-1-119-62551-3 ; 1-119-62551-3
附註："Learning made easy"--Cover. Includes index.
Take the intimidation out of medical terminology
Every job in the medical field needs some background in medical terminology. From the check-in desk to the doctor to the pharmaceutical sales rep, and everyone around and in between, healthcare professionals and those in adjacent fields use a common and consistent vocabulary to improve quality, safety, and efficiency.
Medical Terminology For Dummies is a powerful resource for current and prospective healthcare professionals. It provides different ways to memorize the words and their meanings, including ideas for study materials, flash cards, quizzes, mind maps, and games. Plus, you’ll discover how to identify, pronounce, define, and apply words in proper context.
Grasp the standardized language of medicine
Find the easiest way to remember tongue-twisting terms
Benefit from lots of definitions and examples
Understand, retain, and put this knowledge to use
If you’re one of the millions of professionals hoping to succeed in this booming field, this book gets you talking the talk so you can walk the walk!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beverley Henderson, CMT-R, HRT has more than 40 years of experience in medical terminology and transcription as both an educator and manager.
Jennifer L. Dorsey, PhD has coauthored, revised, and ghostwritten books in the medical, business, and personal growth categories for more than 20 years.
- About This Book(p.1)
- Foolish Assumptions(p.2)
- Icons Used in This Book(p.3)
- Beyond the Book(p.4)
- Where to Go from Here(p.4)
- Part 1 Living for Linguistics(p.5)
- Chapter 1 Scrubbing In to Master Medical Terminology(p.7)
- Chapter 2 Medical Terminology: The How and Why(p.15)
- Chapter 3 Introducing the Big Three: Prefixes, Roots, and Suffixes(p.23)
- Chapter 4 Acronyms, Eponyms, Homonyms, Multiples, and Plurals — Oh My!(p.37)
- Chapter 5 Say What? Pronunciation and Usage(p.53)
- Part 2 Mapping Words and Bodies(p.63)
- Chapter 6 As It Was in the Beginning: Prefixes(p.65)
- Chapter 7 So It Shall Be in the End: Suffixes(p.79)
- Chapter 8 Hey, I Know You: Word Recognition(p.87)
- Chapter 9 Deconstruction Junction: Breaking Down Words(p.95)
- Chapter 10 An Org Chart to Live By: Organization of the Body(p.105)
- Chapter 11 All Systems Go: When Systems Combine(p.119)
- Part 3 In Terms of Anatomy(p.129)
- Chapter 12 Boning Up on the Skeletal System(p.131)
- Chapter 13 Getting Ripped: The Muscular System(p.149)
- Chapter 14 Skin Deep: Skin, Glands, Nails, and Hair(p.163)
- Chapter 15 It Depends on Your Perception: The Sensory Systems(p.179)
- Part 4 Let’s Get Some Physiology Terminology(p.197)
- Chapter 16 The Heart of the Matter: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems(p.199)
- Chapter 17 Just Breathe: The Respiratory System(p.223)
- Chapter 18 Feeding Time: The Gastrointestinal System(p.241)
- Chapter 19 Gatekeepers of Health: The Endocrine System(p.261)
- Chapter 20 Calming Down: The Nervous System(p.279)
- Part 5 Name That Plumbing(p.295)
- Chapter 21 When You Gotta Go: The Urinary System(p.297)
- Chapter 22 Check the Plumbing: The Male Reproductive System(p.311)
- Chapter 23 A Life Force: The Female Reproductive System(p.325)
- Part 6 The Part of Tens(p.347)
- Chapter 24 Ten Essential Medical Terminology References(p.349)
- Chapter 25 Ten or So Useful Mnemonic Devices(p.353)
- Chapter 26 Ten Sets of Terminology Tongue-Twisting Diseases(p.357)
- Chapter 27 Top Ten Crazy-Hard-to-Spell Medical Terms(p.363)
- Appendix Handy Study Guide(p.365)