Medical billing & coding點閱：4
作者：by Karen Smiley
出版社：John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
ISBN：978-1-119-62544-5 ; 1-119-62544-0 ; 978-1-119-62545-2 ; 1-119-62545-9 ; 978-1-119-62546-9 ; 1-119-62546-7
附註："Learning made easy"--Cover. Includes index.
The definitive guide to starting a successful career in medical billing and coding
With the healthcare sector growing at breakneck speed―it’s currently the largest employment sector in the U.S. and expanding fast―medical billing and coding specialists are more essential than ever. These critical experts, also known as medical records and health information technicians, keep systems working smoothly by ensuring patient billing and insurance data are accurately and efficiently administered.
This updated edition provides everything you need to begin―and then excel in―your chosen career. From finding the right study course and the latest certification requirements to industry standard practices and insider tips for dealing with government agencies and insurance companies, Medical Billing & Coding For Dummies has you completely covered.
Find out about the flexible employment options available and how to qualify
Understand the latest updates to the ICD-10
Get familiar with ethical and legal issues
Discover ways to stay competitive and get ahead
The prognosis is good―get this book today and set yourself up with the perfect prescription for a bright, secure, and financially healthy future!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Karen Smiley, CPC, is a certified, multi-specialty coding expert in physician and outpatient reimbursement. With an extensive background as a coder, auditor, accounts receivable manager, and practice administrator, she has also served as an independent consultant to physician practices and as an assistant coding instructor.
- About This Book(p.1)
- Foolish Assumptions(p.2)
- Icons Used in This Book(p.2)
- Beyond the Book(p.3)
- Where to Go from Here(p.3)
- PART 1 : GETTING TO KNOW MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING(p.5)
- CHAPTER 1 : Dipping Your Toes into Medical Billing and Coding(p.7)
- CHAPTER 2 : Exploring the Billing and Coding Professions(p.17)
- CHAPTER 3 : Weighing Your Employment Options(p.31)
- PART 2 : BONING UP ON THE NEED-TO-KNOWS OF YOUR PROFESSION(p.43)
- CHAPTER 4 : Compliance: Understanding the Rules(p.45)
- CHAPTER 5 : Not-So-Strange Bedfellows : Medical Terminology and Medical Necessity(p.61)
- CHAPTER 6 : Getting to Know the Payers(p.85)
- PART 3 : BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL : GETTING CERTIFIED(p.103)
- CHAPTER 7 : Your Basic Certification Options, Courtesy of the AAPC and AHIMA(p.105)
- CHAPTER 8 : The Path to Certification : Finding a Study Program(p.119)
- CHAPTER 9 : Signing Up and Preparing for the Certification Exam(p.139)
- CHAPTER 10 : Adding Street Cred : Specialty Certifications and Continuing Ed(p.159)
- PART 4 : DEALING AND SUCCEEDING WITH NITTY-GRITTY ON-THE-JOB DETAILS(p.171)
- CHAPTER 11 : Processing a Run-of-the-Mill Claim : An Overview(p.173)
- CHAPTER 12 : Homing In on How to Prepare an Error-Free Claim(p.191)
- CHAPTER 13 : From Clearinghouse to Accounts Receivable to Money in the Pocket(p.209)
- CHAPTER 14 : Handling Disputes and Appeals(p.221)
- CHAPTER 15 : Keeping Up with the Rest of the World(p.241)
- PART 5 : WORKING WITH STAKEHOLDERS(p.249)
- CHAPTER 16 : Dealing with Commercial Insurance Claims(p.251)
- CHAPTER 17 : Caring about Medicare and Medicaid(p.263)
- CHAPTER 18 : Coding Ethics : Being an Advocate for Your Employer(p.275)
- PART 6 : THE PART OF TENS(p.291)
- CHAPTER 19 : Ten Common Billing and Coding Mistakes and How to Avoid Them(p.293)
- CHAPTER 20 : Ten Acronyms to Burn into Your Brain(p.299)
- CHAPTER 21 : Ten （Plus One） Tips from Billing and Coding Pros(p.305)